Get unstuck with emotional intelligence is a 6-part series that empowers you to be a “better you”. This program is designed to give you an introduction to emotional intelligence, build important emotional intelligence skills, and provide basic strategies to improve your effectiveness both professionally and personally.
This course introduces strategies that will help build your emotional intelligence skills so you can improve your ability to detect, comprehend and manage your emotions. You will also learn to pick up on cues to how others are feeling, enhance your communication skills and blossom your personal and professional relationships. You will also walk away learning how to make more rational decisions and cope better with stress.
This program covers five emotional intelligence competencies: emotional self-awareness, assertiveness, empathy, impulse control, and stress tolerance. In this 6-part video series, you'll get a glimpse of what it takes to get unstuck, be in the driver's seat of your emotions and take control of your life.
Mini Class Overview
Get unstuck with emotional intelligence in our 6-part mini-class. Throughout the six video lessons, we’ll cover 5 of the 15 emotional intelligence competencies from the EQ-i 2.0 model - emotional self-awareness, assertiveness, empathy, impulse control, and stress tolerance, and share strategies that will enhance your personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Build a foundational understanding of emotional intelligence, the EQ-i 2.0 model, and five of the fifteen emotional intelligence competencies.
- Discover how to identify your emotional state using the seven-step method, which analyzes a problem or conflict you are currently facing.
- Identify your level of assertiveness and practice the four-step model of empathetic communication to enhance your leadership skills.
- Unlock ways to comprehend and share the experiences and emotions of others to help form positive relationships at work and in your personal life.
- Understand how emotions cloud your decision-making process and discover ways to control your impulses.
- Learn how to remain calm and composed in times of difficulty using five stress management techniques.
Carolyn Stern is the President and CEO of EI Experience - an executive leadership development and emotional intelligence training firm. She is a certified Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Development Expert, professional speaker and university professor.
Stern's emotional intelligence courses and modules have been adopted by top universities in North America. She has also provided comprehensive training programs to business leaders across the continent in highly regarded corporations encompassing industries such as technology, finance, manufacturing, advertising, education, healthcare, government, and food service.