This course focuses on how you can use the self-expression competencies to communicate in a way that is understood, respected and well-received by your superiors, peers and subordinates.
Over six videos, this program covers emotional expression, assertiveness and independence. You will discover how to effectively communicate your feelings and thoughts and learn to identify your communication barriers that may be leading to a slew of misconceptions, miscommunications, and mishaps at work.
This course uses exercises, activities, and reflection pieces to help you identify and practice enhancing each competency within the self-expression composite scale. You will learn the competencies that impact your conversations, influence, and portrayal as a leader and help identify how to improve your communication skills.
Minor Program 3 Overview
Boost your self-expression with emotional intelligence by learning how to express your feelings and emotions. You’ll discover how to communicate well with others, so they aren’t left speculating, and you will understand how effective communication can positively impact your relationships.
- Learn five essential tips to follow when expressing your feelings to ensure comprehension.
- Grasp the importance of choosing the right words when communicating your feelings to ensure comprehension with whom you are speaking to.
- Explore how your opinions and viewpoints may be impacting your assertiveness and recognize when to adjust your perspective.
- Discover the do’s and don’ts associated with exercising your assertiveness.
- Recognize how to balance your independence to gain empowerment in yourself, but not in a way that will alienate others.
Carolyn Stern is the President and CEO of EI Experience - an executive leadership development and emotional intelligence training firm. She is a certified Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Development Expert, professional speaker and university professor.
Stern's emotional intelligence courses and modules have been adopted by top universities in North America. She has also provided comprehensive training programs to business leaders across the continent in highly regarded corporations encompassing industries such as technology, finance, manufacturing, advertising, education, healthcare, government, and food service.